CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The things that make you say holy crap and SMILE!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fumbs Up


There are certain characteristics that every mom hopes their child will inherit.
For me there are traits I was hoping would skip a generation.
my obnoxious height
frompy hair
poor math skills
Well Grant was dealt a bad hand, or I guess it is more appropriate to say he was dealt a bad thumb.
He has inherited my Trigger Thumbs.
When I was under 2 years old I had to have surgery to release the tendons in my thumbs to make them fully functional.
It came to my attention a few weeks ago that Grant may suffer from the same problem.
We were playing thumb war or as he says "fumb war" and he said "Look mommy my fumb is broken. It won't go up" and he was right it wouldn't go up. His left thumb was locked into place at the first joint.
I called the pediatrician, she referred me to a pediatric orthopedists. We had an appointment and surgery is scheduled on December 1, Paw-Paws 60th birthday so I'm sure that is a good sign.
As you can imagine I am nervous about my little guy being put under and having surgery but he is super excited about giving me a fumbs up when it is all over.
I love you buddy!

2 comments:

  1. Frompy hair! So sorry about Grant! Also I forgot your dad and libby share a birthday! Fun!

    ReplyDelete