CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The things that make you say holy crap and SMILE!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Milestones

This is not really a blog post, it is a mental note. Something for me to reflect back on.

We have had a pretty big week. I am in the middle of my "staycation." I have been off work since June 30. To be honest I am LOVING being at home and I feel so very lucky that I have been able to experience some pretty major milestones with my boys. This is a shout-out to stay at home moms. Remember how lucky you are to be with your children every day. I know it is a tough job but I am so very jealous.

Anyway onto the milestones.

A little potty talk…

Grant started potty training this week. I was praying that this would be the one thing he caught on to really quickly. He was a slower walker and an even slower talker. He just likes to do things at his own pace. He is now running around like a crazy man and his vocabulary has been so advanced that we now have indepth conversations about all the character in Thomas the Train and the monsters that apparently reside in his room. I did not want to put any pressure on Grant but again I was praying that this potty training thing would be a piece of cake. However we got off to a rocky start. He hated the potty, he cried for his diaper…you get the picture. I promised him he could pick out any toy at the store if he used the potty (I know bribing is not endorsed by all the parenting know-it-alls out there, but I do what works) and guess what….it worked!!! Last night he went potty (July 5, 2010)!!!

Today he has consistently used the potty and even did a #2 (July 6. 2010) without any bribes or pleading from me (the #2 is TMI I know but again this is for family record).

Now I literally just read an article in Parenting that was all about celebrating your second child's accomplishments with equal or greater enthusiasm than your first so this one is for you Barter Boy…

Making strides…

For weeks, especially since summer has started I have begged Carter to please start walking. Like his brother he seemed to take this task on at his own pace. He is such a little stinker. I would watch his am I am still pretty sure that he has know how to walk for quite some time now. He simply did not want to do it. He would scoot his little but everywhere. At the pool he would act like a submarine and try to crawl under the water. He would scoot along the concrete to avoid knee injury. This kid knew what he was doing. Despite my pleas with him to walk he just would not do it. I told my mom I wish he understood money because I would totally pay him for his first step. I was worried that his walking would finally take off and I would be at work. My mom would be the one to congratulate him and give him all the kisses and praise. These are moments that I treasure and I desperately want to take part in, so I was so very please when Carter decided to get down to business.

This week Carter has started walking!!! As of yesterday, July 5, 2010 I am calling him an official walker. It is still not his 100% preferred mode of transportation but the kid can do it. My baby is walking and I am so very proud of him. His 15 month check-up is tomorrow and I am so happy that I can report that he is a walker. Way to go Barter Boy…you make mommy proud!!!

* Note to Carter: Grant did not get a blog post about his first step so this makes you extra special!!!

Boys- I am so happy to be able to spend this time with you. I am so proud to be your mom. Even though you drive me crazy sometimes, being your mom is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. Thanks for being such wonderful kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment