CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The things that make you say holy crap and SMILE!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

OMG

OMG....this is a statement I repeated several times this Friday.

Oh my God, look at that girl.

Oh my God, look at her dress.

Oh my God, what is she doing?!?!


A little back-story.

Casey had I will be celebrating out fourth wedding anniversary on 7/15. Casey planned a night out for us all by himself, which was very sweet and incredibly thoughtful. The boys spent the night at grandmas so we were free to hit the town which is something we clearly do not do very often.


Our evening began with a kick ass dinner at Cafe Provencal. Then Casey had planned a surprise for me, a night at the Four Seasons downtown. Which was amazing!!! After dinner we went to the hotel where Casey had gotten a bottle of wine and put it on ice and had flowers for me (so nice I know!!) We had cocktails on the rooftop deck and then headed to Lucas Park. This is a bar we used to frequent in our pre-baby days, but it had been almost four years since I had been there. Not much had changed, expect the crowd was roughly 9 years younger than us, but it was a nice group of respectable college graduates, or at least that was the story the girl I became friends with in the bathroom told me.


After our Lucas Park adventure it was about 12:30 and I was ready to call it a night. Casey however wanted to visit his good friend Matt who manages 15. I was a good sport and said sure...I had never been there. I had always pictured it as a nicer establishment. This is where the OMG began.


Hookers out in full force

I don't know if it was something in the cocktails or a full moon, but the hookers were out in full force at this place. When I say "hooker" I do not mean the literal translation, but it is the best word to use to describe the majority of the YOUNG girls at this bar. Let me paint this picture for you. I am enjoying a glass of champagne, compliments of Matt Ratz, and I look to the dance floor. Out there is a young (maybe 21), blonde, thin, girl in a leopard print "dress." Now "dress" is in quotations because at some points in the evening I felt like her OBGYN. It was that SHORT. She was dancing her actual ass off with some random guy, her friend then joined them. She and her friend, who was also in a "dress" then, began to make out. Fully make out. With each other while continuing to rub all over the guy they were dancing with. I would like you to now pause and picture my face when I was watching this.



I lost track of the leopard hooker but lucky me she resurfaced in the VIP section, where she began to give lap dances. To girls AND guys. At least she did not decimate. It was bad. Like Cancun bad. The worst part was that she really was not acting much different than the other girls around her. I think her taste in fashion is what first caught my eye. You may ask, why didn't you just stop looking?? That is a fair question, but it was like a car accident on the highway. You just have to look.


My question is this....so what is with these girls? I mean seriously. Has that much changed since I have been off the market? Is this what girls do now? I know everyone has a time in their life where they may have been a little wild and crazy but holy crap, I look like a celibate nun compared to these girls. I looked at Casey at some point and said "I'm calling Oprah; she needs to do a story about this." It was that bad. It was so bad that it is two days later and I am still talking about it. It was just not right! I look at my 14 year old sister and I can tell you this, if she ever acts anything like the hookers at 15 I will have my parents send her to military school or a convent. I am dead serious. OMG. It was just not right. Thank God I have two boys that happen to be perfect J. At least I won't have to worry about the leopard print dress (I hope).

2 comments:

  1. Call me a creep or not, but I know what you're talking about. Its not women who have suddenly "become" this way, its GIRLS who refuse to grow up. Just like the boys who encourage the behavior. Do a google search for TFLN (not a creeper site). Seriously, college students are getting a really bizarre perception on how college life is meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God that I have a son... but dread the day he walks through the front door with his prom date who will, no doubt, be wearing the leaopard print "dress". Then I will have to channel all the self-control in me to not smack her!

    ReplyDelete