CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The things that make you say holy crap and SMILE!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Flashback to 1950

I have been working late the past two nights. I leave the house with the boys at 6:20 am and return home by 10:00 pm. SIGH.


On these nights Casey picks the boys up from my moms. I literally have no Idea what he does with them from 5:00 – bedtime.



Grant woke up this morning after a "boys night" with dad. I called Casey to ask how Grant got hurt last night. Casey said there were no injuries to report.

Our conversation went like this:

Me: did Grant get a bloody nose last night?

Casey: No he was fine why?

Me: he woke up with blood on his face and he doesn't know what happened.

Casey: it's not blood it's probably M&Ms. He was eating them in bed before he fell asleep.

AWESOME.

While I am not at home my children are not bathed, teeth are not brushed, and the main source of nutrition is candy. Again AWESOME.

I forgot….when he put a ring on it we left for our honeymoon in a DeLorean
and flashbacked to 1950.



Don't worry dear. I'll take care of it, right after I finish dinner. Can I get you a cocktail while you wait?



Don't worry Casey I still love you



1 comment:

  1. yea, so the first time i read thru your post, i completely thought you were for real that you got to leave for your honeymoon in a delorean... and i was all "that's kinda cool, actually"...

    then i re-read... and realize you're just making a point... lol.

    i get it...

    just think of it this way - you are an incredible mom. it's ok that dad doesn't do things the mom way... serious. i've had to come to terms with that, too. they are healthy, happy, and got to bed... lol. a little bit of stink, and a little extra sugar won't kill them (but don't tell my husband i said that)...

    ReplyDelete